12/28/2010

Kudos to MSNBC

Obamacare3872553094_694dde4e38_z
John_Boehner_official_portrait
MSNBC has had a series of “Questions”. Two of the latest questions have been:
  1. “Is it OK for Congress to mandate that all Americans must purchase health insurance?”

  2. “House Republican Leader John Boehner described the Obama administration's health care overhaul as a 'monstrosity.' Do you agree or disagree?”

    “Is it OK for Congress to mandate that all Americans must purchase health insurance?”

    “Total of 59,698 votes”

    “73%”
    “No, as the Virginia judge ruled, the mandate is unconstitutional.”
    “43,572 votes”
    “21.9%”
    “Yes, it is well within the right of Congress to do so, as other judges have ruled.”
    “13,085 votes”
    “House Republican Leader John Boehner described the Obama administration's health care overhaul as a 'monstrosity.' Do you agree or disagree?”
    “57.5%”
    “Agree. The plan should be repealed.”
    “19,837 votes”
    “40.9%”
    “Disagree. It’s a good plan.”
    “14,125 votes”
I’m biased, but I really like these figures. More especially, I like the large samples. These numbers mean more to me than a 1000 person sample by professional pollsters.
I looked for an author, but didn’t find one. Somebody at MSNBC deserves credit for his work, and his supporting staff deserves credit. I remember similar questions 6 months ago, which I posted on Facebook. I don’t know whether I can go back on Facebook and find them, or perhaps they could be found on a Google search. I liked confronting comments from the low percentage groups with the results from the high percentage groups. One person discounted the MSNBC results as unscientific. As I said earlier, I have more faith in a 50,000 person sample than I do in a 1000 person poll.
If you go to either “Question”, and scroll down to the end of the “short comment results”; you will find “More recent questions” to explore.