7/29/2011

Boehner Bill Delayed

boehner bill delayed

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – July 29 –

I will try to keep you posted on what happens with this bill.

I kept an eye on it last night. They put up a notice on C Span that it had been delayed, and also put up a notice that it would probably be voted on last night.

I read this morning that they will probably vote on it today.

They broadcasted the debate in the Senate. Schumer spoke and said that the debt ceiling should be raised, just like it always has been in the past. I don't think so. He also derided Boehner's attempts. Lamar Alexander presented the Republican side. I just checked The Federal Register and July 27 came up. Schumer and Alexander's debate will probably be on the Internet tomorrow. At any rate, the party line talking points were evident.

Michelle Bachman will not vote for Boehner’s bill. She has taken the position that the debt limit should not be raised at all. She says she will see what Boehner and Reid come up with.

“We will maintain the full faith and credit of the United States of America," she predicted.

Bachmann reiterated that she would not support a plan being pushed by Republican House Speaker John Boehner because it would increase the debt limit, which she adamantly opposes, in exchange for spending cuts. She also said it doesn't reduce spending enough.

As president, she said she would be "willing to say no" to more taxes and spending.

"I won't raise taxes; I will reduce spending, and I won't vote to raise the debt ceiling. And I have the titanium spine to see it through," she said.