11/21/2022

What are your favorite recipes either to cook or to eat?

I like baking white yeast bread. I also like baking cinnamon rolls.

I enjoy eating banana bread. Pound cake and strawberries sounds good.

Pulled pork is one of my favorite foods.

I like beans...all kinds of beans. Pinto beans are tasty, lima butter beans are good, baked beans, refried beans, redbeans and rice, beans and bacon, great northern beans, green beans, and bean dip are musical fruit. There was a truckstop in Mississippi that served just bread and red beans. You could eat all you could eat.

My wife makes jambalaya gumbo. I like boiled shrimp, fried oysters, and raw oysters. She makes frito pie. She makes halusky. She makes shepherd pie.

Root beer floats are special. Then there are milk shakes. Peach pie is real good.

I've eaten more chocolate pudding than most people.

Chocolate cake with chocolate syrup and soft ice cream at Golden Corral is a treat. Turkey breast with cranberry sauce at the Golden Corral is tasty. 

Swiss steak; I haven't had any in a long time, but I'm ready for some anytime. 

A restaurant in Michigan had chicken giblets and rice in their freezer.

Try baked biscuits and honey from Bob Evans sometime!

A restaurant in Yuma, AZ served guacamole in serving bowls. You could eat all you wanted, and they refilled the bowls.

Pizza and pepperoni please taste buds. Just plain pepperoni does the same.

We can't forget peanut butter, mixed nuts, and chocolate peanut clusters.

A truck stop in Gary, IN had moist lemon cake on their menu. It was the best I have ever tasted.

There's some good barbecue in Memphis, TN.

They served boiled shrimp sandwiches on a train from Gary, IN.

We ate at a restaurant in Allison Park, PA, which offered all the ice cream with trimmings that you could eat. Sadly, they went out of business.

Eat and Park in Allison Park, PA was one of our favorite restaurants.

My mother gave hunks of Wisconsin cheddar cheese as gifts. A slice six inches in diameter and one half inch thick made a sandwich. George Limber's store in Ayersville, OH, sold the same sandwich.

Try this: Let a hunk of sharp cheddar cheese set a couple hours to let it get soft and to room temperature. If you don't enjoy it, then you're not like me.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.