9/16/2011

Random Pictures

fx
101_0047
Corn Cobs
I was born and raised on a farm. I’m fond of simple things like corn cobs. I found these corn cobs at a farmer’s market near Pittsburgh. The grain elevator near where I lived, when I was young, was powered by a steam engine. The furnace to make the steam used corn cobs.
101_0082
Pittsburgh Mills
Pittsburgh Mills is one of the shopping malls in our area. I took a shot one day, when we went to Olive Garden to eat. The camera that I use has a LCD and no view finder, so it is difficult to see outside in bright light. I drape a sweater or something over my head to make the LCD more visible.
101_0083
Farm Market
This corn field is behind a farm market, which sells primarily meat. The same people, who own the market, own the corn field behind it. There’s a cow pasture adjacent to the corn field, but the cows weren’t out. They have their own animals butchered, and sell the meat themselves.
 
 Click images to enlarge









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.