3/07/2023

Storyworth post 65

This should have been in the book

by Don Wolfrum on February 06, 2023.

The horse:

I was going through a small town in the middle of the night. I was driving my loaded truck. Suddenly a horse landed on the hood of my truck. A horse was walking on the street unattended in the dark and we collided. The horse came from the left side of the road. The police came and assisted me in getting my truck parked. They also had words with the owner of the horse the next day.

A guy got in front of the wheels of my loaded trailer:

I was stopped at a red light in New York City. I heard alarming sounds, and when I looked in the mirror, I saw a guy crouching in front of the wheels of my loaded trailer. The people pulled him away, and he wasn’t hurt.

Larry Glenn:

Larry was the Ravenswood, WV terminal manager. He was also an advisor to Angelo Fonzi. He advised about equipment purchases. He probably recommended purchasing the 34 wheel rig, which I drove. I depended on him for maintenance decisions, When the horse hit my truck, I called Larry. Larry was the overseer of getting the truck repaired. The truck was a Volvo with a 400 horsepower Volvo engine. The cab was equipped with a bunk heater. I had a refrigerator and microwave, which belonged to me. I could prepare food while inside US Steel.


Don Wolfrum, February 06, 2023

One of the dumbest things I’ve done:

I painted a pretty red brick house green. We lived in the house on Summit street in Defiance, Ohio.


Don Wolfrum, February 20, 2023

 

This story has been seen by Vicki, Dave, and Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.