10/25/2022

Did you ever take any road trips?

 I’d say a trip from Defiance, Oh to Dallas, Tx is a great road trip. We moved to a Dallas suburb; Oak Cliff. Mary was hired immediately as a hostess in a seafood restaurant called the Zuider Zee. I went to work in gas stations. I was hired by Kroger in their warehouse. Kroger decided to transfer me to their Houston Tx division after several years, I supervised warehouse transportation. There were 100 tractors, 200 trailers, and 100 drivers. 13 drivers served the Lake Charles La area. McAllen Tx was the southernmost area served by the Houston division. I learned how to ripen bananas, and I was a banana ripener. I was also a Kroger store manager once upon a time. I ended up in Curtisville Pa after 13 years in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.