10/23/2022

Which people were the kindest to you in life?


 Which people have been the kindest to you in life?



My wife, grandparents, and two others.
Joseph D. Gezienski, who lives in Curtisville, Pennsylvania is one. My truck broke down near the Route 8 Exit on the Pennsylvania turnpike. I discovered that the truckstop had put gasoline in my diesel truck. My wife was living in Houston, Texas. I put my truck in the repair shop, and that’s where I met Joseph. He owned trucks, and he offered me a job. He was also involved in many other businesses. I started driving, and Joe suggested that I buy a truck from him. I did, and bought another truck from him several years later. My wife moved from Houston, Texas, and we bought a house in Curtisville, Pa. My daughter Vicki was 12 years old at the time.
I quit driving my own truck, and went to work for Angelo Fonzi. He had quite a few trucks of his own, and owned a company, which had hundreds of owner operators. I was top revenue man for about 15 years. My wife, Mary, worked for Fonzi too. We worked in Hammond, In. I drove a 34 wheel rig from Hammond, In to Buffalo, NY. The route was through Canada. The route was from Gary, In to Detroit. The route went from Detroit, through London, Hamilton, and Niagara to Buffalo, NY, There were three 34 wheel rigs running to Buffalo. Myself, James Farler, and Jerrold Luipold.
My wife lived in Curtisville, Pa the first years of driving from Gary, In to Buffalo. I had a 400 mile commute. On Friday night I took a cab to the train station in Gary, In. I would get on the train bound for Pittsburgh, Pa. The train had a delicacy; boiled shrimp sandwiches. I slept in the seats. One of the main stops was Cleveland, Oh. Saturday morning I would arrive in Pittsburgh. We would go home, and I would leave Pittsburgh around noon Sunday. Monday morning I would be back in Gary, In in the truck.

The house pictures are our home in Curtisville, Pa.
We had a hot tub and a pool table.
My wife has been very kind for 69 years.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.