10/23/2022

How did you get your first job?

 A parochial school in Napoleon, Ohio contacted me, and offered me a job teaching school.

They required that I attend River Forest Concordia University for one term, and I would start work after one term.

I completed the one term at River Forest, and taught the second and third grade class at St. Paul Lutheran parochial school.

I lived in the home of one of the church members.
The church paid for my tuition at River Forest.
I had students, who were tested, and they were at 8th grade level
One girl student came to school every day, but never said a word for the whole school year. She didn’t participate in anything.
I was 18 years old when I was contacted to teach school
I taught for one year, and I was hired by GM

Amazing so proud of you!

Nancy Rupp, August 04, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.