10/24/2011

Rechargeable Batteries Blogspot

Batteries aa aaa

Click to Enlarge

Batteries and charger

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – October 24 –

I learned something today. I wanted to buy some rechargeable batteries. I found out that some sell for $2.33 each, and some run as high as $4. I bought mine from Amazon and they were $2.33 each. I think I saw some at Best Buy for $4. I was surprised to see where the high prices were.

Energizer, Duracell, and Rayovac batteries can be recharged hundreds of times, but Sanyo batteries, which I bought, can be recharged a thousand times according to Sanyo.

I bought them from Amazon on the Internet, no taxes, and the shipping was free.

Then I found out that Home Depot and Radio Shack provide a means of disposing spent rechargeable batteries. A package can be picked up at their locations, and the spent batteries can be sent for recycling at no cost to the sender.

Finally, I found out that it is OK to dispose of ordinary AA, AAA, et cetera, batteries in the garbage.

 

Newsvine Column with comments: Dr Know

  

 

Other Rechargeables

Sanyo batteries recharge a thousand times. Energizer, Duracell, and Rayovac charge hundreds.A $25 order will get free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged.